Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Screening

Today I had a colonoscopy. Yesterday I spent most of the day doing the prep for the actual event today. Sometimes our lives have to go through a period of prep work and then the screening for problems in our character. I think the past year has been like that for me. I will not go into details but the results were that I had a spot on my character and it was revealed through some testing.  

Because I write from my heart my posts revealed to some of my friends a flaw and they have suggested I back off of blogging. Since blogging is my release I will probably not back off completely but I will be a little more selective on what I write about. I hope the change will be refreshing and benefitial to those who read this blog on a weekly basis. 

Recently the Holy Spirit told me to back off of getting involved with leadership and trying to find a full-time ministry position. I am spending the time between now and the date He gave me to get more focused on just enjoying worship, learning and serving in a more low key way.

My next post will be an example of the new direction and to be honest I do not know what that direction will be. I will asking God to reveal that to me but I know it will still be from the heart and maybe a little more encouraging. 

For those of you who know me I apologize if what I have written in the past few months seemed harsh and even unkind.

I am thankful to the friends who loved me enough to point out the flaw and to encourage me to make some changes. We all need friends like that. 

Come back in a few days and let me know what you think of the new direction.

Added 3/25/2010
"An obivious fact about negative feelings is often overlooked. They are caused by us, not by exterior happenings. An outside event presents the challenge, but we react to it. So we must attend tot he way we take things not to the things themselves." - Vernon Howard

Ouch! This quote hits my flaw on the head and I believe God caused me to read it today so that I could include it with this post.
 

No comments: