Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

2010 in Review

2010 in Review

I want to encourage each of you to sit down and think about the last year. I have and it has been encouraging.

2010 began for me with disappointment and failure. I became disappointed with someone and then I failed to give grace when it was called for. Not only had I failed but I began to question whether God had actually called me to be where I was. I began to doubt that He wanted me to be a pastor and I was beginning to look at my dreams as being mine not having come from Him.

I spent six months not seeking or accepting any leadership roles waiting for God to show me what He wanted. After six months I got nothing.

Then on the seventh month, September 3, as I hit a low point God had me read about my great, great grandfather, the Rev. Seth Gold Clark. Not only did God revive my dreams but He showed me that even my failures can be used in making me a better follower of Jesus. He also showed me that he actually did call me to the place I had been, He showed me that although I was 50% of the problem I was learning what my part was and that I was willing to admit it.

So a year that began with disappointment and failure is now ending with victory and joy.

What about your year? You still have nine days to make corrections in the course this year has gone. You still have time to apologize, repent, forgive and reconcile. But it will mean that you must let your pride go.

Being a follower of Jesus requires that we lay our pride down before He can actively be involved in our lives.

May you find peace and joy at the end of 2010.

No comments: