Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Guides not Security Guards

1 Corinthians 4

1-4 Don't imagine us leaders to be something we aren't. We are servants of Christ, not his masters. We are guides into God's most sublime secrets, not security guards posted to protect them. The requirements for a good guide are reliability and accurate knowledge. It matters very little to me what you think of me, even less where I rank in popular opinion. I don't even rank myself. Comparisons in these matters are pointless. I'm not aware of anything that would disqualify me from being a good guide for you, but that doesn't mean much. The Master makes that judgment.

What is God telling us through this writing of Paul's?

First, of all church leaders are not more than what you are. They have faults and even sins just like you. They can make mistakes and mess up people's lives. Not one bit different than the average Joe.

Second, church leaders are servants of Jesus and if they present anything different than Jesus being the leader of the church they are wrong.

Third, church leaders have the responsibility to share the Gospel with others and to share reliable and accurate knowledge with us. They are not our security guards.

Fourth, church leaders should not be overly concerned about what people think about them. They need to be more concerned about what God thinks, no maybe better yet what God knows about them.

Fifth, After all it really doesn't matter how you or I judge them but it does matter how God judges them.

No comments: