Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Are you happy serving where you are?

When I was a Deacon in the Worldwide Church of God I had a desire to be an Elder. I performed every task I was given as a Deacon to the best of my ability and dedicated my time to helping others. I never reached the goal of becoming an Elder but the Holy Spirit always gave me joy in serving where I was.

I have been attending a Vineyard Church for the past eleven years and I have served as an usher, a greeter, a team member of the men's ministry and in 2006 I was ordained as a pastor. I have a desire to serve in the position as an assistant pastor, a men's ministry pastor or a care and support pastor. None of those opportunities have come my way and sometimes I struggle with impatience. Even though I struggle the Holy Spirit continues to comfort me and to give me joy.

Today I am helping to lead two small groups, one for men and the other is open to anyone.

REAL Men RoCK Small Group - Overland Park, KS
We are men who are seeking in the Bible answers to how we can become Righteous, Encouraging, Accountable, Loving Men Relying on Christ's Kindness. We are not afraid to tackle life issues in an honest and frank manner with grace and mercy.

This is a new group which I co-lead and which has a goal to serve in our community the sick, the hurting, the rejected, the addicted and those who do not attend a church.

I also serve on the men's ministry leadership team and as a team member of our church's Angel Tree Ministry. Since October 2008 I have been called to write this blog and I have been encouraged by those who read and comment.

Even though I am not serving as a full-time pastor I am using the talents and gifts God has given me to do the things that He has called me to do now. Honestly, I still struggle with wanting to serve as a full-time pastor but the Holy Spirit continues to give me joy in where I am now.

The purpose of this post is not to point out what I am doing but to encourage you to look at what you are doing today and how you are doing what you are doing.

Are you moving forward in your goals and dreams?

Are you satisfied with where you are and the opportunities you have today to serve?

Are you serving with joy?

If not you can. Just ask God's Holy Spirit to give you joy in serving where you are so that you will be more effective.

I encourage you to look at every opportunity to do ministry as an opportunity to serve our Lord and King. Be thankful for where God has you today. Keep moving forward by being humble and submissive to what God has you doing today so that He can use you in a greater way tomorrow.

I believe you can find joy in where God has you now and more importantly God believes in you and is willing to grant you that joy. All you have to do is ask and keep using your talents and gifts for the glory of God.

Father, thank You for giving us the talents and gifts that we use to serve others. Grant us joy in the serving and not in the position. Thank You for Your Holy Spirit which gives to us our talents, gifts and opportunities. May everything we do bring You glory. In the name, power and authority of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments: