Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Thursday, May 7, 2009

I couldn't sleep so I wrote this

The other day I was asked to install some paper towel containers on each support of the retail establishment I work at. The supports are steel so it took some drilling to make the holes to support the towel holders. Everything went well until I went to this one support pole and just could not get the drill bit to drill. After two hours of frustration and 2 broken drill bit I discovered I had accidently pushed the button to make the drill go in reverse instead of forward. Once the button was on the correct setting the job took less than a minute to do.

Men do you find yourself not being able to overcome that one thing that keeps you in bondage. It could be fear, greed, lust, pride, or you name it that keeps control over your life. You know that you could achieve so much more if you could only overcome that one thing.

I know the solution and it is kind of like that drill. Right now you have your life on self-control and not Jesus-control. I have found that once I switch the control button from me to Jesus I was able to overcome my lust, my fears, my pride. The Holy Spirit and another spiritual warrior provided me the support I needed to change.

Here is how it is done: John 15: 7 "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it shall be done for you."

I encourage you to surrender your control to God and find another warrior to keep you accountable as you move forward in overcoming that one thing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Larry, glad you are recovering. Funny story about the drill...now
that it's over! Seems like you were really persistent...just needed
to change your direction. Maybe the test of whether you need to
change something up is asking yourself are you getting anywhere? If
it feels like we're going nowhere or we don't like the results we're
getting, we need to try a different approach and see if changing
something up gets us anywhere better. It was a good thought for the
day...thanks. hope to see ya at homers!
mark :)

Anonymous said...

It could have been worse if it were a manual drill and you were going lefty loosey and not righty tighty. Two hours would have been four. So thank God for whoever invented electricity.

Anonymous said...

excellent story...........and thank you for the words of encouragement in my struggle - how did you know this was an especially trying week for me? Was it the full moon? . . . chuck

Sutapa said...

Thanks for such word of thoughts.
Very inspiring.
God bless.