Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Saturday, May 23, 2009

When does God speak to you?

Several years ago the senior pastor of Vineyard Church in Overland Park, KS gave a sermon about God speaking to us.  If I remember right he said God speaks mostly through the Bible but He does sometimes choose to use other methods.  It can be through a sermon, a friend, a song, a blog, an event, when we pray or sometimes by an Angel or even personally.  I also heard a man say that God is speaking all of the time but we are so busy with life we often do not hear or we ignore what He is saying.

For me personally I am best able to listen when riding my mount bike out on the country roads near our small town.  My problem during those times is I do not have pen and paper with me to write down what He stirs.  I am sure it is a funny scene me riding down the road peddling as fast as I can and apparently having a conversation.   I am sure this is why I would like to ride my bike every day because I love having that personal time with God.

I encourage you to find that quiet time for you to spend talking to and hearing from God. Jesus often went off alone to talk with His Father and He encourages us to have the same relationship. All we have to do is remove the clutter of life so that we can hear His voice.

3 comments:

Chatterbox said...

Loved reading your mind stirring post. I totally agree with you on the point that we often experence God sharing the wisdom at times when we aren't able to scribble those sermons on paper.

I experience those moments while cooking for my family.

Keep up the good work and I'll visit your blog often.

Cheers!!

Frank said...

I thought was the only Christian who loves peddling his bike to feel closer to the Lord. No distractions, no radio, etc.. Just some quiet prayer time and listening time. Today I did a couple hours cycling in the woods up in Blue Springs. It was rejuvenating.

Over the Road Coffee said...

Frank and Chatterbox I appreciate your comments. Frank I live in Louisburg, KS and if you live in Blue Springs, MO we are only about 40 miles from each other. If you ever want to get with another Christian and do some riding let me know. Blessing to both of you.
Lars