Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Friday, July 17, 2009

Hello In There


Last weekend Kat and I went to a Flea Market and I found a CD by John Prine. Then the other day I was walking through the store I work at and I saw an older woman in a wheelchair. I looked into her eyes and they appeared lonely but when I smiled at her and acknowledged her with a nod they brightened. I instantly thought of this song which is on that CD by John Prine.

From many of John's songs I get the impression he has little use for religion or even God. I believe God can use anything to speak to us if we are open to hearing Him. I encourage you to listen to this song again and as you do close your eyes. I believe God will speak to you.

Here is the Chorus:
Ya' know that old trees just grow stronger,
And old rivers grow wilder ev'ry day.
Old people just grow lonesome
Waiting for someone to say, "Hello in there, hello."

I live in the United States and it is not uncommon for the elderly to be forgotten and left in a nursing home. They sit alone in their world waiting for someone to come and touch them. They long for someone to acknowledge that they exist.

Don't let opportunities, to say "Hello In There", pass you by.

No comments: