Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Scared and Alone


Have you ever felt scared and alone? Have you ever been so scared that you ran from the very one who could save you?

Yesterday our house cat, Kickin, got out of the house. He was out all day without us knowing about it. When we got home we began to look for him outside. We found him under the neighbors porch but he was too scared to come out. When he did come out it was because the neighbor came home and stepped on the porch and off he went. We still have not found him.

All night I keep thinking how alone Kickin must feel and how each noise adds to his feelings of begin afraid.

I have to admit there have been times because of my sins I have been afraid of the one who can save me. My fear like Kickin's is unfounded fear.

I have no doubts that God experiences many of the same feelings I am right now. I am concerned about Kickin's safety, about his feeling afraid and his feeling of being alone. As I sit here writing this I am grieving just as God must do over my little fury friend. The really good thing is God can provide through the Holy Spirit the comfort and safety that I cannot provide for Kickin. Like Kickin is right now I am totally helpless to solve his feelings or even my own. The good news for me is unlike Kickin who has a limited master I am loved by the one who holds everything together.

Although Kickin is just an animal I know that God cares about him and that gives me comfort.

Are you feeling afraid because of the sins in your life? You might have had an abortion, stolen from someone, or even killed someone. Your fears are valid but our Creator desires that you call upon Him for His justice found His Mercy and Grace. Of course His forgiveness does not release us from the consequences of our actions but it does relieve us of the debt we owe to Him for our sin.

If you are someone fearing God's judgment on your sins stop right now and ask Him for His forgiveness and discover the peace that will come when He spreads His arms around you relieving your fears.


No comments: