Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Freedom

As we in the United States of America celebrate freedom this July 4th I want to remind everyone where true freedom comes from.





I want to share a personal story about freedom. When my daughter turned 18 she moved out on her own. One evening she asked for me to come over because she needed to talk with me. We sat down at her kitchen table and she pulled out a stack of bills. She took her electric bill and as she waved it she talked about how much it was. She did the same with the phone bill, the gas bill and the cable bill. She the looked at me and said these words which I believe we should think about. "I did not realize how expensive freedom is."

Our freedoms in this country have been won at a high cost. Our freedom as Christians has been won at even a higher price.

What are we doing with our freedom?

No comments: