Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Saturday, January 13, 2018

What is Your World View?



I have been thinking a lot about my world view. You might be asking what do I mean by world view. World view, as I understand it, is what one bases their beliefs on. Most of you would know that I claim to be a follower of Jesus Christ. So my world view is based on His words.
So my world view would be that God created the earth and everything contained on it. I believe that God created humankind in His image and likeness. We find that in Genesis 1:27 Expanded Bible (EXB) 27 So God created [1:1] ·human beings [T man; C the Hebrew adam can mean human beings, humankind, person, man, or the proper name Adam] in his image [C reflecting God’s nature/character and representing him in the world]. In the image of God he created them. He created them male and female.
Since I believe that I try to form my life around that as my idea. I do not do this perfectly because I am human and sometimes fail. What I have been going through lately is a challenge to which world view I will hold to.
In my mind there are three different world views: 1. What God has inspired to be written in the Bible is true. 2. What is written in the Bible was written by men who were writing about what they knew at the time. 3. The Bible is a myth and not to be believed in as true but looked at like most ancient writings, as history of that time.
When I come face to face with a situation that is challenging I try to use my world view which is the first one I mentioned above and it trumps everything else. I am not against science but if it conflicts with the Bible view point I stick with the Bible.
Having said that I want to challenge you to check your world view. What is it that you have your life securely based in? Is it the first, second or third or is it a mixture of several? What you believe will flow out of whatever world view you have.
Amos 9: Amplified Bible (AMP) 6 It is He who builds His upper chambers in the heavens And has established His vaulted dome (the firmament of heaven) over the earth, He who calls to the waters of the sea And pours them out on the face of the earth—The Lord is His name.

No comments: