Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Waiting is hard but worth it.


In 2004 I began taking classes through Vineyard Leadership Institute and planning to serve full-time in the ministry.  I at first thought I was being called to do Men's Ministry. Then to planting a church with my best friend, Doug (in white shirt), at the Lake of the Ozarks.  That dream ended in 2008 when Doug died after a short battle with cancer.  Doug and I had started a men's small group and I surrendered all my dreams to God and told Him I would be content ministering to men.  It has been a blast ministering to the men and being ministered to by the men in our group.

Over the past five years God has arranged for a young pastor and me to bump into each other just at the time when one of us needed it.  We have shared our dreams with each other and grown to trust and respect each other.

A few weeks ago this young pastor, Erik, suggested I come to his church, New Life Family Church, and help him grow it.  I have attended Vineyard Church in Overland Park, KS for the last 11 years and have found healing and peace there.  I have become comfortable there.  I wanted to serve there.  With that meeting I sensed God saying, "It is time for you to pour out into the lives of others in the little town of Louisburg what I have poured out into your life at the Vineyard.  To be honest I struggled for several days, no it was weeks, with that calling but now I can see the potential of what God wants to do here in Louisburg.

I share this because I believe some of you reading this post are experiencing something similar. God is calling you to do something uncomfortable, something daring, something only He can accomplish.  I encourage you to pray about it, seek wise counsel and then move on what God is calling you to do.

I am 59 years old and I believe my best days are ahead.  I am living my Dream, as I reach my Potential, while Serving others.

No comments: