Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

On Thursday, November 26th, we will celebrate our national day of thanksgiving.  Most in our country mistakenly believe that the holiday centers around the pilgrims giving thanks to the Native American peoples who helped them through a harsh winter.  The truth is the pilgrims gave thanks to God for His blessings and for the help He guide their way through the Native American peoples.

The purpose of this post is to give you an oppoortuntiy to openly give thanks for the blessings you have.  Please share them with others in a comment.  I am not concerned with your religious or non-religious beliefs.  I am more interested in learning what you are thankful for.

I am thankful first of all that God has provided a way for me to be forgiven for my sins, which I believe comes through my faith in Jesus Christ.  I have been blessed me with many talents and gifts.  I have a wonderful wife, a terrific daughter, two talented sons and four of the greatest grandchildren.  I am thankful for the opportunity to live my dream as I grow through serving others.

I look forward to hearing what you are thankful for.

No comments: