Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Sunday, January 31, 2010

We are Called to Minister


A few years back I had a person speak into my life and they spoke these words over me: Luke 4:  18-19 "God's Spirit is on me; he's chosen me to preach the Message of good news to the poor, Sent me to announce pardon to prisoners and recovery of sight to the blind, To set the burdened and battered free, to announce, This is God's year to act!"

I know that I have been called to minister to the addicted, the afflicted and the rejected. I also know that I am to do that through a ministry that sets high standards for accountability and integrity. I will not be satisified with a position just for the sake of having the title of pastor. God has called me to minister but it has to be done in connection to an organization that is accountable to those who contribute to it. I would rather not serve than to have a position or title and minister without integrity and accountability. That calling does not have to be found in a positiion with a church or organization. It could be right where I work.

I found these words in "Without Walls" by Randy White and they describe what the church should be doing today: "Our job is not to build a church but to impact a community." and "We must be fishers of men, not keepers of the aquarium." Without Integrity that comes through Accountability we cannot impact our community by freeing the people who are stuck in the aquariums of alcohol, drugs and deception.

This is God's call to the church: "God's Spirit is on me; he's chosen me to preach the Message of good news to the poor, Sent me to announce pardon to prisoners and recovery of sight to the blind, To set the burdened and battered free, to announce, This is God's year to act!" Each of you have the opportunity to touch the lives of hurting people who work right beside you at your place of emplyment.

I encourage you to take the time this week to listen to God as He speaks to you about someone who is hurting and in need of the help only you can provide. 

No comments: