Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Friday, January 22, 2010

Got Problems?

What has God made you for? and How do you respond when the Holy Spirit says change directions?

Over the past 12 years God has moved me from using my spiritual gifts as a lay member to a pastoral student to an ordained pastor. He has given me a vision of what my purpose is and then opened some doors for me to pursue that purpose.

Yesterday as I sought some answers to some life issues I have been facing the last few months the Holy Spirit clearly spoke to me that I needed to make a short time change and wait for Him to make some changes in the situation. What I heard from the Holy Spirit was not what I expected or wanted to hear.

I could have approached this with an attitude that I would wait to make sure that what I heard the Holy Spirit say was confirmed by someone else. I could have ignored Him completely and continued full speed ahead along the journey because I am doing some of the things I want to do and believe I was made for. I could have neglected to act and hope that the situation would change on it's own.

What I did was to obey what the Holy Spirit informed me with the knowledge that He can restore whatever I gave up and heal relationships and make what He started even better. If I would have waited for confirmation, or ignored what I heard or neglected to act and hope things would change it would mean the Holy Spirit could not restore, heal and improve the things that are in need of His touch.

I encourage you to take time out and retreat from whatever you are facing and spend an afternoon, a day or a weekend seeking word from the Holy Spirit about whatever you are facing. You may not like what you hear but God always promises an answer to what you are seeking. It may be NO, or Yes, or even Not Now but He will give you an answer. The Yes is easy to deal with but No and Not Now are harder especially when you are living part of the dream and vision He has given you.

I woke this morning feeling assured that I did what the Holy Spirit revealed that I needed to do as a first step in healing, restoration and making better what I was asked to give up.

I encourage you to go before the Holy Spirit and spend some time sharing your heart and then listening to His response. Then take the action that needs to be done, remembering what He asks will never be in violation of God's law, and then work for healing and restoration. God will bring healing, He will restore and He will make what was even better.

1 comment:

Mz E said...

i feel like your message is to me. I know I have things in ma life that I know I neeed to change direction on. I was trying but I found out trying is just a lazy response. Its the doing that makes the statement. Thank you.