Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What Are We Becoming?

It just hit me this evening as I read some posts on FaceBook and then posted my own comments. We Christians are becoming so much like the world. I read at least 6 posts by Christians that focused entirely on what they were doing in their own life not the lives of others. It just seems like we are becoming so much like the rest of the world, self focused, self promoting and vain. I am talking about me as well as many other Christians.

It appears to me that we are rapidly becoming the people Paul spoke about in 2 Timothy 3: 1-5  Don't be naive. There are difficult times ahead. As the end approaches, people are going to be self-absorbed, money-hungry, self-promoting, stuck-up, profane, contemptuous of parents, crude, coarse, dog-eat-dog, unbending, slanderers, impulsively wild, savage, cynical, treacherous, ruthless, bloated windbags, addicted to lust, and allergic to God. They'll make a show of religion, but behind the scenes they're animals. Stay clear of these people.

The question for you and me is this: "Do we even reflect one of those items in that list?" When I look at it I have to admit I am guilty.

Our church is doing a 21 day fast beginning in a few days. Maybe instead of fasting from food some of should fast from FaceBook, MySpace, Twiter, the internet all together, taking the best parking place or seat, or eating rich foods. Maybe we pastors and leaders should serve instead of being served. Maybe some of us parents should spend more time playing with our children instead of playing with our toys or working. Maybe some of us should not fast at all because we have promoted the fact that we are fasting to the whole world.

What if we spent as much time focused on giving the addicted a hand up, giving an encouraging word to the rejected or maybe even giving up ourselves for others. Doing the things Jesus gave the church to do.

Right now I feel the Holy Spirit convicting me and I hope that you feel the same.

No comments: