Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Passion and Heart

If you have been reading this blog for any length of time you know that I write about what is on my heart at the moment and I write with passion. Being transparent can cause people to question why I am sharing what I am sharing. They can get irritated or uneasy because they might even know or think they know why I am sharing what I am. I purposely do not share names of people or even groups or organizations that I am talking about because that is not important. What is important to me is to share what I am experiencing. 

If you look at the number of readers of this blog there have been several thousand and some are local readers but most are in other states or even countries. I know that somewhere within that group of readers there is at least one person who is experiencing what I am and is looking for someone who understands. Every now and then I get a letter like the one I shared yesterday and I know that the Holy Spirit spoke through me.

Because I write with passion and I write from my heart I probably offend people. I apologize if I have ever written anything in such a way that has given you clues to what has tripped my trigger. My intention is to share what is on my heart not who or what has triggered it.

For 45 years I lived holding my passion and feelings inside. I did not share them because some people told me I should not share them because the feelings I had might upset people. For years I lived in a protective bubble and I will not go back to hiding my feelings. So every now and then I will have to write a short letter of apology. I do not apologize for sharing what I am feeling but I apologize that I did not protect the ones who triggered those feelings.

God created us to have emotions and passion. I think He can deal with them or else He would not be asking us to pray. 

Father, if I have had a wrong attitude when I write in this blog I ask You to reveal that to me and then help me correct it. Thank you for touching one heart with this post. My Your Holy Spirit bring people freedom and may what I write bring You glory. In the power, the authority and the name of Jesus Christ amen

No comments: