Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Vacations and the Messages God Gives


In a few weeks my wife, Kat, and I are taking our daughter and her children to the Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado. It is a trip my wife and I have made several times with the first being when our daughter was 10 years old. Many great memories have been made at the dunes.

I took this picture the last time that Kat and I were there. I saw these people climbing up the dunes and thought it would make a neat photo.

It now reminds me of how life is. The closer dune is at a steeper angle and the other more of a rounded slope. Life stages are like that. Sometimes we face very steep trials in our lives and at other times the trials are not so steep. 

I took this photo as well on that last trip.  These are our footprints and this photo encourages about having a friend who I can share my I struggles with. Of course Kat is one of those people. I also need another man in my life who I can walk through life with and rely on to be there when I get discouraged or am tempted. 

Every time Kat and I take one of these trips I find not only memories but great examples of how God wants us to live. He uses these moments to bring us closer together as a family and He shows me that as a man I need to have other men who I can call family as well.

Pull out your vacation photos and let God speak to you through them. Hopefully the memories will be positive but I know that through those photos He will show you insight into what He wants to improve in your life.

Last year we took two of our grandkids to the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City, MO. I took this photo of them in the new wing of the museum. To me it shows how the older granddaughter is protective of the younger and how the younger is dependent upon the older.

Another great lesson for us. Older men and older women need to take an interest in younger people. 

As you view these photos you might get an entirely different message. Because each of these photos are connected to my emotions they stir me in ways that you do not feel. That will be true for the photos and events in your life.

With the beginning of summer I encourage you to load up the wife and kids then head off to a great adventure. Some weekend get another guy or a group of guys together for a guy adventure. It could be a baseball game, a mountain bike ride or a game of golf. 

I believe God wants us to form memories through the relationships we develop that we form through these trips and moments. The memories and relationships will come in handy when we face trials in our lives.

Hope you have a great summer!

No comments: