Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Other Blog - A Community Chaplain

I have written a couple of posts at my other blog ( A Community Chaplain ) I would like for you to read:

A Vision for a New Church

http://acommunitychaplain.blogspot.com/2010/08/vision-for-new-church.html

Can You be a Christian and not Attend Church?

http://acommunitychaplain.blogspot.com/2010/08/can-you-be-christian-and-not-attend.html

Please come back and leave a comment if I stirred anything in you. Here are some comments I have received at BlogCatalog.com:

1. heartfelt and honest.

2. The layout is nice and simple. It is easy to read and i'm sure you will get alot of visitors and the visitors will be attracted to stay. Keep writing original and traffic will come original 

3. I think it's good, whatever one believes or doesn't believe, to be around people who are warm and encouraging and full of a positive energy for life. If a church provides this kind of nourishing atmosphere, then it is certainly a worthwhile place to be.

4. Well-written and non-judgmental, which goes a LONG way in my mind. I personally believe 'church' is a meeting of any two or more people honestly examining their belief systems together. So church can be at a coffee house, over happy hour, while taking a walk, etc. Just my two cents.

5. I read your two most recent articles. IMO both were well written, honest and may inspire those who are now or who wish to become followers of Jesus to remain true to his teachings as recounted in the New Testament writings. You have quite rightly pointed out that "the church" is either an organization, or institution nor is it a building - the church constituted by the followers of Jesus. I think that's a very important clarification for both unbelievers and believers alike to recognize. MO this is also an important statement you made because it rings with the truth: "You can be a Christian and not attend church. " In fact many Christians I know do live in the bush and rarely get opportunities when the weather is good enough for them to travel to meet and worship together.

6. Your blog is a matter of opinion. Pure speculation, nothing more nothing less. Blogs like this sometimes give Christianity a bad rap, by being "too preachy," "over zealous," and even "one sided." If you really want to encourage people, show them how church is a positive influence. Show them through your words, and not through your "worthless" opinion. And opinions, are worthless......, we don't know you. So therefore- why do you expect us to take your word for something. Get my meaning?

I don't like to sugar coat things. I can see how sincere you are, and I'm sure you would really like to do God's work here. Am I right? So I ask you Kansas man, you want the truth, or just smoke blown up your arse? 

I'm going with the truth.
Hope this helps you in your quest.

7. I read your post and it comes over as well-intentioned. I have also visited your other blog a number of times and left several comments and you come over as genuine and sincere.

I don't go to a Christian-based Church and don't consider myself any sort of a devout Christian. I was raised a Catholic and never experienced one iota of real love or acceptance in their fancy churches. All I found were abusive priests and hypocritical people who attended church a lot but only cared about themselves.

However, I do have God in my life and do my best to live with dignity and to help others. 
I am a recovered alcoholic and do a significant amount of unpaid work with still suffering alcoholics, including prison visiting, a shift on a helpline and one-to-one work in a womens refuge. I can be called out ar 3am in the morning, and I go. This is love in action and surely what Jesus Christ preached?. 

My husband works as a volunteer street pastor in a nearby town on a Saturday night - offering help to young people who are drunk and vulnerable.

He goes into category A prisons as a secular chaplain and listens without judgement to prisoners.

I found God when I found a 12 step programme, I meet with others and we make a committment to go to any lengths to help those who still suffer, we accept responsibility.

I never saw any of this sort of love in action in Church. People need a square meal and a bed for the night before they need a bible.

So Larry, I would be interested to read more about how you put your Christian faith into action in your communities, what you do to help the disenfranchised, the disillusioned and the lost. 

Smiles and blessings

8. Larry: Please do, and I shall keep visiting 'Real Men Rock' even though I am a woman, at least today I am not one that is swaying  

I applaud your sentiment - a church is about a gathering of people with a shared set of values getting into action to offer help and love to those who feel they are unlovable.

Smiles and blessings.

Thanks for any comments you might have.

No comments: