Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A baby cried

Last night as I was doing my job I heard a baby cry. I came around the corner and there was a baby of about 4 months old crying for whatever reason babies cry. A while later I was in another area of the building and I heard what I thoughts was the same baby crying and I peeked around the display to find a different baby. Same cry, different baby, one was a white baby and the other Indian.

I instantly thought about Matthew 18: 1-6
At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" And He called a child to Himself and set him before them and said, "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you shall not enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever them humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me; but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it is better for him that a heavy millstone be hung around his neck, and that he be drowned in the depth of the sea."

I would imagine that God looks at the human condition hearing the cries of mankind just as the parents of the babies I observed last night. Each was trying to comfort their crying baby. Around the world mankind is crying out for healing for their ailments. That healing and comfort will not come from another man.

There is only one way to enter the Kingdom of God and receive healing for what ails us. John 14: 6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father, but through Me."

We are all crying the same cry and there is one who hears and who will solve all of our problems. For now we can find temporary answers in the Word of God called the Bible.

Think about this the next time you hear a baby cry and thank God for His unfailing love for all of mankind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a great thought, and one I don't think I usually have. When I hear a baby cry, I'm usually thinking 'Will you please get that kid out of church? I'm trying to worship!'