Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Whose you are makes who you are

Have you ever thought about who you belong to? Some of us belong to a country club. Some to the YMCA or an athletic club. So of us belong to a bunko group. We might belong to a church, a small group or a civic organization. We often get our identity from the group or groups we belong to. And some of us belong to no group at all and we have gotten our identity from what others have said we were.

For years I allowed what others said or thought about me make me who I was. Then I read this, "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a Holy Nation, a people for God's own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; for you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy." 1 Peter 2: 9-10

When I read that I saw myself in a new light. No longer was I that shy, backward, tongue tied guy. No longer was I that guy who would be nothing but average. No longer was I that person who did not deserve anything better than what I had. I was chosen to be God's own possession and He did not make or own junk. I was more valuable than anything in His creation.

I began to learn how to give speeches. I learned how to step out of my shyness and make new friends and even become a leader. I was no longer average but growing into a person seeking God's heart.

I was able to change because first I realized whose I was and after I read 2 Timothy 1: 7, "For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline." I began to use the Holy Spirit to grow out of who I use to be.

If you find yourself stuck in an identity that you do not want to stay in I encourage you to focus on the two verse I quoted above. Dig deeper and discover whose you are and how much that being loves you. Earnestly seek His Spirit and watch how your life changes day by day as you submit to the one who has called you be His possession.

If you are not yet a follower of Jesus find someone who you can trust to share with you the Good News of the Kingdom of God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congratulations to you man,
Praise the LORD!!! ^___^