Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Monday, May 10, 2010

BIG Trash Pick UP

This past Saturday was Big Trash pick up day. My wife, Kat, and I worked for several hours hauling our stuff to the curb. We watched as the truck pulled up at 7:30am and the two men picked up the items we had put out for them. One item was a large hotel dresser which weighed about 300 pounds or at least it seemed that heavy when I pushed it out to the curb.

The two men struggled picking it up but they got it off the ground and into the back of the trash truck and then the compacting door came down on the dresser and it snapped as if it were a twig. At that very moment I thought of this post.

You and I have garbage, BIG Trash, old baggage, that is cluttering up our lives. It might not weigh 300 pounds but sometimes when we are facing a situation similar to what caused the trash in the first place it seems like we have 300 pounds sitting on our shoulders.

Our trash, garbage, and old baggage will keep us from doing the things that God would have us do. It will paralize us from moving towards God. It will keep us from having the relationships that will benefit us. It will keep us from our desires and dreams.

Matthew 11: 28 "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

Jesus, through the Holy Spirit, wants to pull His trash truck up to your life and take your BIG trash away. All you have to do is ask Him to haul it away.

No comments: