Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Self Control and Ministry

I was listening to a sermon by Mark Warner, lead pastor of the Vineyard Church in Overland Park Kansas, and in his sermon he said two things that hit me.

1. Self control does not come from self but from the Holy Spirit working in you

In my experiences leading men I have found that those men who rely on their self control end up messed up again but those who rely on the Holy Spirit giving them self control mess up less and less.

2. You greatest ministry will come out of your greatest pain.

As Kat and I planned our farm I wanted to combine what I felt God was calling me to do with our farm. Thus the name Restoration Farm. One of my weaknesses is fighting with control by leaders. I am not sure where this wound came from but I often find myself confrontational when leaders rub me the wrong way. Over the past four years I have slowly let God's Spirit change that in me but every now and then I feel it pushing on me again.

Out of that pain is growing Restoration Farm and a healing ministry for leaders.

I want to encourage you to check out the most recent series that Mark Warner as been doing called "50 Days of Transformation". Below is the one I took the two quotes from.


Father give us self control that comes from the Holy Spirit and take our wounds and may we minister from our wounds because that is where we understand the most. In Jesus name amen

No comments: