Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanks

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving day here in the United States. It s a day when we look back over the year and give thanks for all that we have. In our schools the kids are taught that the Pilgrims held a big banquet to thank the Native Indians for providing them food during a harsh winter. In reality the banquet was to thank God for providing the food through the Indians.

No matter what you believe about that first thanksgiving tomorrow's holiday is about being thankful. The questions for us are: "Are we really thankful? Do we really know where our blessings come from? Do we really take the time out from football, meals and family gatherings to actually bow or raise our heads to thank the true God for all that we have?"  

I am a follower of Jesus Christ and so for me He is the God and the only God. All other gods that are worshiped are nothing compared to Jesus. So for me I am thankful that this Jesus I worship thought I was worth giving his life for. That I was valuable enough that he would step off of the Throne of Heaven and take on a human body and then to give his earthly body as a sacrifice for all the bad things I have done or will do.

It is interesting that our of all of the gods mankind has his Jesus is the only one who gave in order to save his creation. All others expect mankind to give to receive whatever it is they have to give which in reality is nothing.

Right now what are you thankful for? Me, I am thankful for the ability to choose. I am thankful for my family, my blessings, my wealth, my salvation. I am thankful for my farm and for my mistry. I am thankful that the Creator of all things thought I was worthy of his love. All that I have is a direct result of my God. 

I am thankful for the gift of eye that I have for photography which I use to bless others.

No comments: