Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Turn the stuff off and have fun

This is a photo of me and my two of my grandkids, Daks and Spencer. We are resting from attempting to climb to one of the highest points of the Great Sand Dunes in Colorado. 

Climbing the dunes is like facing the obstacles that life throws your way. You have to find the best route and stick with it even when it seems the going is too hard. Stick with it and make the most out of what you have but most of all enjoy life.

We did not make it to the top but we had fun trying and we certainly enjoyed the hike to where we are in this photo. 

With this post I want to plant in your heart the desire to turn off the television, unplug the XBox and sit down and plan a trip together.

I am 60 years old and I have no idea how long God will allow me to live and so this trip to Colorado was important to me.

I also want to warn you not to do some of the things I did while on this trip. I got uptight a couple of times over things that really did not matter. My attitude briefly killed the enjoyment we were having. Chill out and enjoy the time you have with those you love. 

Our last day in the area we went out to eat at Nino's Mexican Restaurant. We had hoped to go to Oscar's but it was closed so we went to Nino's. We ate on the outdoor patio area. Great food and atmosphere. We topped our meal with a large fried ice cream.

I think you can see we had a fun time at Nino's.

Go ahead take the risk and plan a trip with your family and discover what fun it can be without television, XBox or even Ipods. You just might find that you had more fun without those things than you do with them.

I hope my wife, my daughter and my G-Kids had a terrific time and are like me ready to go on another trip together.                                                                                                              

It was tough but someone had to do it.


                                         

2 comments:

Fun message said...

This was really a Nice Fun.

Awesome Blog.

Unknown said...

I did a little hiking in the sand dunes with my oldest grandson who is special needs. We didn't get to the top either but we had a good time. We travel in our 5th wheel and try to take some of the grandchildren when we go. We are leaving for Colorado next week and will have two grandsons with us. I am 67 and still climb the mountains. Keeps you fit.