Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Friday, July 30, 2010

What is that One Thing?

Several years ago I went to a men's conference and the speaker asked this question during one of his sermons: "What one thing keeps you from doing what God has made you for?" My good friend, Doug Walton, would often talk about "what is the one thing that holds us back from being all that God wants us to be?"

Some of you who read my blog are experiencing feeling defeated or overwhelmed by some weakness or sin that you have. I know the feelings you are having because I have been there and at times still experience temporary feelings like that.

I do not have great words of wisdom of my own for you but I do have some words that helped me. These scriptures helped me and I believe they will give you encouragement and help too. I don't promise that everything will be taken care of instantly but little by little things will get better if you trust in the One who Created us. May the Holy Spirit give you strength through these words.

1 John 4: 4 (New American Standard Bible)  You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.

Romans 12: 21 (New American Standard Bible)  Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Psalms 23: 4........I will fear no evil, for you are with me Lord, Your Word and Your Spirit comfort me.

Here is a promise from God:  Hebrews 13: 5 (New International Version)  Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

I hope you found encouragement in this post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks brother larry.i am praying to be able to see women as the LORD sees them.that one thing for myself must be pride.i need to humble myself and to become a servant as the LORD would have me be not as i would have me be. i am praying for you also you are doing the LORD's work