Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cowboy Church

Tonight my wife, Kat, and I went to a Cowboy Church meeting at the Rutlader Outpost Complex just south of Louisburg, KS. Pastor Carl Garrett gave a sermon using Mark 9 as the text.

Mark 9:20-24 (The Message)

19-20 Jesus said, "What a generation! No sense of God! How many times do I have to go over these things? How much longer do I have to put up with this? Bring the boy here." They brought him. When the demon saw Jesus, it threw the boy into a seizure, causing him to writhe on the ground and foam at the mouth.

21-22 He asked the boy's father, "How long has this been going on?"

"Ever since he was a little boy. Many times it pitches him into fire or the river to do away with him. If you can do anything, do it. Have a heart and help us!"

23 Jesus said, "If? There are no 'ifs' among believers. Anything can happen."

24 No sooner were the words out of his mouth than the father cried, "Then I believe. Help me with my doubts!"

Pastor Carl's message was about what causes us to doubt and what we can do to overcome our doubts.

I will not go through the whole sermon here but I will encourage you to consider the causes of your doubt. It could be your critics, it could be your own actions or it could be your circumstances.

Pastor Carl said we can overcome our doubts by first acknowledging that we have them, then we need to doubt our doubts and then repent and believe the Gospel.

My next few posts will focus on what Pastor Carl shared because it was a message full of hope and the purpose of this blog is to help men find hope for the issues they face.

I encourage you to share your doubts with us. My comment section does not require you to identify yourself so feel free to comment as Anonymous if you want.

Father, thank You for loving us in spite of our doubts. In the name, authority and power of Jesus amen

No comments: