Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Relationships

Last night at our small group we talked about why more men are not involved with small groups or in deep relationships with other men.

I would be interested in hearing from men about what they are looking for in a relationship with another guy. I am also interested in hearing why you are not involved in deep relationships with other men.

Let me share my experience first. When I was 18 years old and heading for Vietnam I was sexually molested by a man and for over 20 years kept my distance from other guys.

In 2002 when I was 52 years old God began to heal that wound. He did that by having me start a small group for men. I thought I would have men attend who wanted to talk about sports or work or really deep stuff like that. What showed up were men who experienced brokenness in their life. Two homosexuals and a transgender were part of our group. We tackled deep issues and found solutions in the Bible for every issue we were facing. God used my past experiences to show how He can heal any wound.

Men this is what this blog is about. What problem, what issue, what life controlling habit do you face that you just haven't been able to shake? I believe God will provide you with the answer but not if you are tackling it by yourself. You need God's help and that is usually delivered through other men who have found healing through God's word.

Share your story and let's see how God responds.

No comments: