Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Saturday, October 25, 2008

What do you do in troubled times?

I met with a good friend yesterday and he described some tough times he had gone through during the past year. As I sat there listening I realized how I had failed to check in with him and how if I had just called now and then he could have had a guy to walk through the valley with. My friend is a Christian man who prays but I believe God has formed us to need other men in our lives to share our burdens with.

In my earlier posts I spoke of what men are looking for in relationships and yesterday's meeting woke me to the fact that I was not living what I preached.

From the looks of the financial situation of our country there could to some tough times ahead. There are going to be men who need other guys to come along side of them for encouragement and spiritual support.

The question for us is will we be men who step up and stand in the gap for those who are in need or will we be like I have been the past 6 months or so and focused on ourselves?

My friend tried to take responsibility for not asking for help but if I had been touching base with him now and then I would have picked up the stress in his life.

What are your opinions on this topic?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello there!

when i'm in trouble, i try to relax and focus.

cheers!