Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Frustrated

I woke this morning feeling frustrated. I am frustrated that I am not working in the field I have a passion for. I am frustrated that it appears many in our country are self focused instead of outward focused. I am frustrated that I have not accomplished my dream.

I feel better. Funny how just expressing my frustrations helped make things better. Here is how I should have done this.

I woke this morning feeling frustrated. I got out of bed and knelt beside my bed and I shared with my Father in Heaven how I am frustrated that I am not working in the field I have a passion for. I shared how I am frustrated that it appears many in our country are self focused instead of outward focused. I shared how I am frustrated that I have not accomplished my dream. I thanked God for listening and ended with the assurance that God is in control. I got up no longer frustrated and went to have my first cup of coffee.

What are you frustrated with? Can you trust God with your frustrations?

Matthew 21:22 (The Message)

21-22But Jesus was matter-of-fact: "Yes—and if you embrace this kingdom life and don't doubt God, you'll not only do minor feats like I did to the fig tree, but also triumph over huge obstacles. This mountain, for instance, you'll tell, 'Go jump in the lake,' and it will jump. Absolutely everything, ranging from small to large, as you make it a part of your believing prayer, gets included as you lay hold of God."

1 comment:

Over the Road Coffee said...

Alex
Thank for visiting REAL Men RoCK. I appreciate you leaving a comment and a link to something fun.

Come back often.