Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Friday, October 31, 2008

My story - the first six years

Sharing my story will help you to understand why I post what I do at this blog.

I was born in Eldon, MO. My dad, Charles, was 35 and I believe my mom was in her early 20s when I was born. I was the second child of three they were to have. My brother, Charles, was about 4 when I was born and my sister, Peggy, was born when I was about 2.

Our dad owned a construction company with his two brothers and his job was to travel to job sites and run the crews. On one of his out of town trips when I was 2 1/2 years old my mom ran away with another man. She left my sister and me in the care of our brother who was 7 at the time. For several days he took care of us. Our Aunt discovered us alone and contacted our dad.

For the next year and half Peggy and I traveled with dad while Charles remained in Eldon attending the school. When I was about 6 dad remarried.

It would be years before I would realize that my mom leaving and dad remarrying were dramatic events that would shape my life as an adult.

We all have stories to share. Some are fun, some adventurous, some sad and some actually kind of boring but all tell something about how we became who we are. I will share the rest of my story in future posts.

I hope you will share a part of your story here so that we can all benefit from what you have experienced.

1 comment:

Our Food Recipes said...

Hi..great story blogs. Hope you can join Our Food Recipe. Thank you

http://potatosaladrecipe.blogspot.com