Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Monday, December 22, 2008

Hersey's Kisses and Niagara Falls

There are several things that I use to do with my daughter that she has introduced to her children.




When my daughter was a little girl I use to every now and then leave a Hersey's Kiss on her pillow. It was a little thing I did to tell her that I loved her and it must have been special to her because after she had her own children she introduced the idea to her kids.

When they come over they always ask for a kiss before they leave.



Last year I introduced the grandkids to the 3 Stooges. I use to do the skit they called, Niagara Falls or Slowly I Turn, with my daughter. I changed it from how the 3 Stooges did it by replacing the hitting with tickling.

She would say Niagara Falls and I would get a strange look on my face and then say, "Slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch," and then I grabbed her and tickled her.

One morning at church our minister was talking about his vacation and how much fun he and his family had at Niagara Falls. My daughter suddenly got this strange look on her face as if I were going to go tickle him.

Today I do the same thing with my grandkids and often when they are leaving our house our neighbors can hear them yelling: Niagara Falls as the drive down the street.

The reason I share these two things with you is to encourage you to do something simple that your kids or grandkids will always remember.

Every time I share something with them like the above I have a reason behind it. The candy kisses represent my love for them and the 3 Stooges skit represents my love for having fun with them.

Two other things I have shared with them: Creamed Soda and the movie "Gone Fishing."
I will share the story behind Gone Fishing in the future which I believe you will find funny.

Go ahead do something silly, do something immature and have fun.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Good Stuff! Simple pleasures are some of the most precious gifts we are given. Thanks for reminding me! Merry Christmas Larry!

L. Venkata Subramaniam said...

looks like there are some solutions here to some problems.