Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Sunday, December 7, 2008

What is holding you back?

I watched a movie on the Hallmark channel tonight that is stirring many old memories and feelings. The movie is called "Front of Class". The following video is of the real Brad Cohen. What do you have in your life that is keeping you from moving forward in your dream?



All of us have something in our life that is kind of like a giant that stands over you and keeps you from moving forward. It could be something a teacher did to you, it could be your own attitude or behavior, it could be a sin, it could be a life-controlling habit or it could be some type of handicap.

If you are struggling with something that is keeping you in a box or worse in a pit then I encourage you to find someone who will take the time to call, write or email you an encouraging word. You do not have to stay in bondage to a life-controlling habit or to something that someone said to or about you in your past. You can move forward but you need the help of friends and most of all from God.

If you do not have a friend then leave me a comment and I will pray for you. You can email me at lnclark1950@gmail.com. Together you, a friend and God can move forward overcoming any giant you face.

5 comments:

P Maillet said...

I saw the Hallmark movie about Brad Cohen last night. In fact, it came on here past my usual bedtime, but I stayed up to watch it because someone close to me has Tourette's Syndrome. Thank you for featuring this at the top of your blog.

I'm thankful that there are men like you out there, reaching out to strengthen and encourage other men. I wish we could clone you!

Paula Maillet

Over the Road Coffee said...

Paula

Thank you so much for your comment. I have never suffered the things that people like Brad have but I did experience several things that I allowed to keep me from achieving what I could have. Thankfully I was taken under the wings of some strong Christian men, like Richard Mann who took me in when I was homeless, that gave me good solid manly principles.

I hope that whatever I share helps not only men but also boys, girls and women.

Cascia Talbert said...

I found your blog and decided to stop by. The information you have here is very inspirational. God bless you! Thank you for stopping by Healthy Moms.

Over the Road Coffee said...

Casica, Thanks for leaving a comment. Each and every comment helps me to grow and adds a lot to the post it is made to.

Tom Thorne said...

I need friends. I have moved around a bit and am by nature kind of a solitary person. It's very hard to break out of my rut and be friendly and make friends. I am easy to meet and talk to briefly but I do not make close friends easily at all.