Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Sunday, November 2, 2008

At 58 what's important to me

When I was 18 having fun was what I focused on. At 28 I focused on finding stability. At 38 I began to focus on changing those things in my life that kept me in a box. At 48 I began to focus on drawing closer to God. Now at 58 my focus is on several things.

I continue to discover areas I need to change, I continue to discover that I can improve in my relationship with my creator and I am finding new ways to have fun. My focus is on helping other men to move beyond the box they find themselves in.

What is most important to me now is to finish well.

I am interested in what is important to you and I encourage you to share it here so that those who come and read my posts and your comments will find something helpful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"finishing well"

This was a really poetic, and very clear way to describe what I think many people past the 50 year mark think. In the second half of the century of your life, how do you make it all count?

Beautiful post - thanks for sharing

Over the Road Coffee said...

Thank you for leaving a comment. What you said means a lot to me. I have never been told I write with a poetic style.

I hope to grow in my ability to express my ideas and feelings.

Unknown said...

I cherish my life everyday folks because tomorrow might not come. hehehe