Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Cup of Coffee at Homer's

This afternoon I made my way to meet a friend at my favorite coffee house, Homer's, with feelings of failure and disappointment. For the past 1 1/2 months I have been working out of my home trying to sell a new product to a market that does not want it.

It might be I have been trying to do something I do not have the skill mix to do or maybe it was just trying to sell a product at a bad time.

As I sat at Homer's drinking a cup of Mexican Dark Roast I looked out the window. The sky is much as I feel dark but with some rays of sunshine. The wind blows the fall leaves down the street much as I feel being tossed by the events of life.

I look around the room and there are young and not so young people sitting having coffee or smoothies. I hear light burst of laughter coming from a mom and her son. Two young women talk of their nursing classes. Several young men stare at their lap tops instead of sharing conversation with each other.

My thoughts turn to the failures of the past few months. Losing a job that I actually loved even though it only paid $10.oo per hour and now struggling trying to sell a product no one seems to want. I decide I have a choice to make. I can either sit and focus on my failure and disappointment or I can look at the lessons learned and use them in moving forward.

James 1: 2 - 6, 12 comes to mind and I find peace.
Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trails, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all men generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.

Blessed is a man who preserves under trial; for once he had been approved, he will receive the crown of life, which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

As I think of these words I find joy in the fact that my Lord, Jesus, wants to carry my burdens with me. That I can feel depressed and down for a time but because I have His help I can move forward out of those feelings.

My friend showed and we shared good conversation and a cup of coffee. We both agreed that our time together was just what we needed and that God had set it up for us.

What trial, what problem, what situation do you find yourself facing that just seems to be too heavy? Cast it at the feet of Jesus and leave with Him. With the help of the Holy Spirit and a good friend you can make your way out of your trial, problem or situation.


3 comments:

bhavin said...

hey nice blog friend.. and thanks for sharing this vital information with all of us!!
Thanks,
Bhavin

Anonymous said...

I was atracted to this because my father's name is Homer and found myself enjoying this very much and good advice backed with good sound doctrine of Jesus Christ!

Judy W.

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

that was a really nice one and sometimes decisions got to be made!!