Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Wednesday, November 12, 2008



For years I feared stepping outside of the box I had allowed others to place me in. I believed it when they told me I could only achieve a certain level of success. I listened to them when they told me I was not talented enough or smart enough to be anything but average. I believed the lies that I developed about being too shy to speak in public and that I could never be a leader.

As Casting Crowns sang I lacked the faith to step out of the boat onto the crashing waves. I believed it when voices would tell me, "you will never win"!

For years my giants of insecurity, abandonment, lack of self-worth laughed at me.

Then one day I began to believe that the Creator God actually loved me and I began to listen to His Holy Spirit as He told me "do not be afraid" and "your life will be for my glory". I began to believe a different story.

Realistically I will not be a Rick Warren, a Bruce Wilkinson or a Mark Warner. I will not write and give great sermons like Wesley, Charles Spurgeon, Jonathan Edwards or Billy Sunday. But I can be the best Larry Clark that I can be. I can discover and refine my gifts and my talents and use them to make the passions and dreams God has given me come alive.

What giant are you facing today? I encourage you to lay it down at Jesus feet and let Him carry it. Discover your gifts, talents, passions and dreams and then use them to bring glory to God.

Facing Giants
at ChristianBooks.com
Casting Crowns at ChristianBooks.com

1 comment:

Prairie Ranch said...

Our giant is God's plan for our ministry- my husband just went to secular work after 8 years of full time ministry together- it has been very difficult to adjust to this- thank you for your post!
We appreciate your words-

Check out our blogs at
www.wildhorsehope.wordpress.com
and
www.prairieranch.blogspot.com

God Bless you!