Welcome to REAL Men RoCK

This blog is about the issues men face and things I have experienced.

I hope you will be encouraged, challenged, and stirred to take action.

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another

REAL Men RoCK

R
ighteous   E ncouraging   A ccountable   L oving 

Men 

R
ely on    C hrist's   K indness

Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Saturday

I spent most of Saturday at a breakfast for men. I will share with you over the next few days the things the speaker stirred in me.

Much of my afternoon was spent raking the fall leaves which covered our yard. Only the third time raking my neighbors leaves out of our yard. You might be wondering about where our leaves are, well, they blew over into my other neighbors yard before I could rake them up. In our little town of Louisburg, KS we believe in sharing.

I have decided to re-read a book I read when I was in grade school, "John Paul Jones" by Vinson Brown. I found this book a few years ago when my wife, Kat, and I were looking through a flea market close to my home town of Eldon, MO. I found the very book I held in my hands as a young boy. It was though I had found a priceless book when I found it. And to me it was because of the memories of how this book struck me back when I was a youth. As I read it again I will share with you each part his story that impacted me.

How I wish I had the same type of memories from my youth of having read the Bible and being struck by the truth that is found in its pages.

This post contains no great words of knowledge or stirring wisdom but for someone it will stir a memory. I encourage you to allow that memory to come out in your comment so that we can all benefit from your experience.

No comments: